There has been a whole lot of fuss about Media Sales Job Description which varies from different definitions and views. Here is what Media sales is – Media Sales is a word used to describe the selling of various advertising space in any communication platform which varies from platforms such as newspapers, magazines, outdoor billboards and screens, event sponsorship, commercial radio or television, business information/data, online/digital, amongst others.
Media Sales Job Description
- Effectively market and sell and media spaces to potential clients
- Locating, contacting, meeting with, closing deals and following up on clients.
- Promote the company’s image by addressing or predicting clients’ objectives
- Resolve issues with clients effectively as they arise
- Provide trustworthy feedback and after-sales support
- Build long-term relationships with new and existing clients
- Consistently deliver individual sales targets consistently
Skills required for Media Sales
- Excellent client management and relationship building skills
- Go-getter with competitive and aggressive sales skills
- Ability to manage frequent telephone calls
- Strong negotiation skills with a proven ability to close business
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects and work effectively with other people.
- Great computer skills
Qualifications required for a Media Sales Job
B.Sc/HND in advertising, business or management, marketing, psychology or any related field.
3-5 years proven experience in a similar sales role
Excellent written and verbal communication
Highly motivated and customer-oriented
Professional attitude and appearance