Starting a profitable poultry farm might appear easy but starting it as a business is something different. This means that you are not only just a chicken farmer but an entrepreneur as well. Starting this business you would need to define your target market. And the part of the chicken industry you intend to go into.
The chicken industry has two main parts:
- Layers, where the chickens bred also lay or produce eggs.
- Broilers, where chicken are bred mainly for meat
Why Poultry Farm?
There are numbers of niches one can go into;. Some of the areas of specialisation in the poultry farm business includes;
- Chicken meat production
- Egg production
- Poultry feed production
- Processing of chicken meat and eggs
- Packaging and marketing of poultry products
- Manufacturing of poultry equipment
- Poultry marketing and consultancy services
- Administration of poultry vaccines and medicines
- Sales of poultry equipment
If you are thinking of business to start now, I recommend you start Poultry Farm. If you are an existing farmer and you are looking forward to expanding your farm capacity, I’d encourage you to add poultry to your farm.