They have been around since like forever and they are making a major comeback!
They were originally worn by upper-class European men in the middle ages and used to be tight with closures around the knee.
Somewhere along the way, culottes became looser and known as flowy pants that typically hang right below the knee.
They can sometimes be shorter like shorts or longer in a midi length.
When worn, culottes usually look like a skirt, except they are not! They are pants! Awesome yeah?
Culottes are super comfy, and they’re perfect for summer because they’re breezy, chic, and stylish that’s if you know how to rock them.
They can seem very tricky to wear because they’re not all that popular and they come off as high-fashion. However, this shouldn’t stop you from rocking them to the fullest. Yes! You can wear them and look super cool!
Below are some style tips on how to wear culottes with different outfit ideas you can copy easily.
1. Look chic and professional yet cool with solid culottes, a graphic tank, and a pair of strappy heels.
2. A cropped top with culottes looks casual, fun, and different.
3. Make a big statement with printed culottes. However, keep the rest of your outfit simple.
4. Culottes look great with heels no doubt, but that doesn’t mean you can’t rock them with sneakers too! Enjoy your lazy day
5. Feeling a lot rockstar-ish?Add a leather jacket to toughen up even the most feminine culottes
6. With a denim jacket, is just the coolest!
7. Try culottes with a blazer
8. Wear a pair of culottes that ties at the waist, and flaunt it by tucking your shirt in.
9. A culotte with a simple tank. Easy!
Now let’s get to rocking our culottes!